CHRISTIAN SCHOOL WEBSITE
On the links above you can find more facts about the school that can add your understanding of the School.
You are welcome to come and visit in person.
Please contact our admin staff on :
MSCS Cempaka - 031-5457522 ext 1101 Preschool,
1102 Elementary, 1103 Junior High,
MSCS Vision - 031-60002000, ext 2101 Senior High.
Preschoolers World talks about a world of adventures, fun, new experiences, wonders and most of all a world in which we have the privilege of introducing children to the wonderful God. The preschool age is such a vital time for you and your child when you'll lay not only the foundation for learning but for good character as well. For this reason, MSCS preschool committed to build a strong foundation in character and Christianity by nurturing, and guiding the student in the fear of God (Proverb 1:7)
Why character building is so important in preschool?
- "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it" (Proverb 22:6)
- "Discipline your son, and he will give you peace; he will bring delight to your soul" (Proverb 29:17)
- Research shows that social and emotional development reflected in the ability to pay attention, make transition from one activity to another, and cooperate with other are a very important part of school readiness
WHAT MSCS PRESCHOOL DO?
To build good Christian characters, children are equipped with God's Truth. Children will start their days by praying, worshiping and praising God. Also, they learn how to love and care other people as they love themselves.
Bible/Character, Social Studies, Discovery, Arts and Crafts, Physical Education, Language, Mathematic, Music + Movement, Computer
AGE OF GROUP MEMBERSSCHOOL HOURS SCHEDULEPG A : 2 - 3 years old, min. age : 2 years old on July 31st, Each class capacity is 15 children with 4 teachersPG B : 3 - 4 years old, min. age : 3 years old on July 31st, Each class capacity is 17 children with 4 teachersKG A : 4 - 5 years old, min. age : 4 years old on July 31st, Each class capacity is 17 children with 2 teachersKG B : 5 - 6 years old, min. age : 5 years old on July 31st, Each class capacity is 17 children with 2 teachers
Mon, Wed, Fri : Morning 08.00 - 10.00 : Noon 10.30 - 12.30 Tue, Thu, Sat : Morning 08.00 - 10.00 : Noon 10.30 - 12.30Playgroup B Mon, Wed, Fri : Morning 08.00 - 10.00 : Noon 10.30 - 12.30 Tue, Thu, Sat : Morning 08.00 - 10.00 : Noon 10.30 - 12.30Kindergarten A Monday - Friday : Morning 08.00 - 12.00Kindergarten B Monday - Friday : Morning 08.00 - 12.10
Special days for example Asian Day, Independence Day, Christmas Celebration, Easter, etc.
Field trips or study tour for example go to supermarket, gym, museum, bakery, etc.
Student chapels, Community Projects, etc
"Building Strong Educational Pillars"
Elementary World is a world full of activity and the dynamics are interesting and fun. The children began to enter the phase of a more academic learning and challenging. It's time to build the pillars of a strong education.
- Practice the divine character values
- Getting to know God more deeply personal as well as building a strong relationship with Him
- Finding the talent, the potential that God has planted in their lives
- Expressing yourself with a healthy self-confidence
- Working in teams
- Learning in collaboration
- Train competitive attitude and sportsmanship in a positive
BUILD UP A SOLID FOUNDATION
As The Bible said, "Train a child in the ways he should go and when he is old he will never depart from it." (Proverb 22: 6) The pathways begin with dedicated Christian educators who integrate Biblical principles into all curriculum. The teachers emphasize daily that God is the Truth and His Word is the primary source of knowledge. Eliminating confusion about who we are and why we are here paves the way for a life of assurance and devotion to God. Learning to think from a Christian worldview is largely achieved through written and oral communication, reading, and study of God's word. A quality education includes more than academics. Through physical education, arts and music, character buildings, sports, field trips and any other programs, our students develop the skills of teamwork, healthy competition, sportsmanship, art and musical creativity. A Instruction in technology skills prepares them for the future professional career in fulfilling God's calling in their life.
WHAT MSCS TEACHERS DO?
We are passionate to help our students grow to reach their full God-given potential. As we all recognize that not all students learn in the same way therefore we structure our programs and instruction to meet the varying needs of each child. Our Subject Teachers collaborate with Homeroom teachers to meet the needs of any single students and preparing some customize syllabus and teaching methods in every subject and grade. Through daily experiences, we are working hard to make every student to reach their optimum achievements for God's glory.
Bible, Character Building, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, Computer, English, Art, Music, Health and Physical Education, Teaching Learning Activities in Elementary.
SCHOOL HOURS SCHEDULE
GRADE DAY TIME GRADE 1-2 Monday - Friday 07.30 - 13.00 GRADE 3-5 Monday - Friday 07.30 - 13.30 GRADE 6 Monday - Wednesday 07.30 - 14.30 Thursday - Friday 07.30 - 13.30
Here at MS High we offer "Education for Life."
Teenage life is a pivotal event in one's life. Two major issues a teenager face are the concept of individualism and identity. Knowing this, MS High aims to serve and make difference in the life of each student at this stage.
- A safe, stable yet supple environment is needed towards knowing and appreciating oneself and others.
- Well thought-out and clear guidelines set the boundaries as they express and exercise freedom.
- Biblically-immersed, character-driven, skill-based, community-concerned, 21st century-relevant and world-class curriculum are integrated to provide a well-rounded life-long education.
- Everyday learning is facilitated, individually-assessed against objective criteria, and enriched by passionate professional educators.
Our warm and professional partnership with parents and other educational communities is an important key in helping each student achieve his or her full potential. At MS High, students discover their gifts, talents, and skills, get trained and equipped to practice creativity and integrity in all aspects of their lives.
Education for Life
MS High seeks to provide an education that goes beyond pure academics. Education experiences that train the next generation to be people of character, integrity and compassion; we prepare them to make a positive impact in the world whatever their career choice will be, and wherever they live.
(Luke 2:52 "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men.")
MS High (Grades 7-12) provides students a comfortable and caring environment to mature and grow.
We value holistic education through Biblical integration and offer activities for students to explore
varying interests and develop skills in a wide range of disciplines.
A GLANCE AT MS HIGH PROGRAM
Where well-mannered language is expressed;
diverse skills are trained and equipped; and integrity is a way of life.
Bible Studies and Character Building, Languages (Indonesian Language, English, Mandarin and other
Foreign Language), Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical and Health Education, Music, Visual Arts,
Performing Arts, Information and Media Technology, Study Skills, Life Skills, Community Service
TEACHING LEARNING + APPROACHES
- Integrating Biblical truth in the learning
- Incorporating character and value in teaching and learning
- Focusing on skill-based learning process
- Learning process is not only teacher to student but also from student to student
- Collaborative, active, and reflective learning
- Keeping a balance between theory and application
- Method and media used take account students' multiple intelligences and learning style
- Scientific approach to hone the skills to analyze, evaluate, create solution, and develop maximum self potential
- Tapping individual talents, skills, and abilities
- Growing leaders and digitally responsible citizens
- Result and Product of learning are compiled into individual portfolio
In obedience to God's commandment to love God with all our heart, mind, and strength, to love others as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31), and loving life as God's gift to us, we therefore aim to train and equip each graduating student as a leader who is :
Rooted and equipped in both knowledge and relationship with God; acknowledging and basing ways of thinking, decisions, and actions from the Word of God as Absolute Truth; growing, developing, and experiencing Christ-like character; and contributing to the world with the help of God.
Growing and achieving a well-rounded personhood in all aspects of life (physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual).
Acknowledging communication as a vital part in any relationship; communicating his or her thoughts and expressing feelings through verbal and non verbal forms in a proper and effective way; and seeking to build others more than oneself in any way possible.
GLOBAL CREATIVE THINKER
Is aware that he or she is a part of the global world; pursuing love for learning and growing to contribute creative and innovative alternatives in solving problems in his or her immediate community and to the world.
Believes that he or she is created uniquely in the image of God; understanding his worth as a person; and demonstrating his good work as a fruit of his faith by being respectful to self, others, and environment.
Knowing the truth that he or she can do all things through Christ independently, he or she also acknowledges the importance of others. He or she works collaboratively with them to achieve more and by doing so will contribute greater impact to the community.
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
- MISSION TRIPIn Grade 9, students experience the joy of serving others. The students will be visiting a community where they will share their individual talents like teaching basic English, storytelling, cleaning vicinity, repainting walls, and the like. This mission trip is both fun and rigorous for it trains leadership skills like planning, creativity, innovation, teambuilding, implementing plans, and evaluating goals. And as a Christian school, the students can apply in real life situation the character traits and the life skills they have learned at school.
- CLUB / TEAMA great place to practice and hone God's gifts, talents, interests and skills inside MS High students.
- HOLIDAY PROGRAMA very fun program during school break or holidays to teach and equip students with lots of great additional skills important for learning and life!
- AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMDone with school time? The school still provides some more fun activities to do if you want!
- CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONRejoicing and celebrating God's goodness: the day our Savior, -God's very own Son-, was born and became one of us!
- TALENT SHOWExpose and stage our talents! Discover, develop and dedicate for God's glory.
- CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATIONTo open cultural windows of the world, catch a glimpse of it and celebrate!
- INDEPENDENCE DAYCommemorate the day our heroes set our nation free and pray for a better Indonesia!
- RETREATWe rest and seek peace in God's presence!
- VALENTINE DAYWe celebrate love as foundation of everything we do! Love God, love people!
- STUDY EXCURSIONExploration, findings, and fun in one package.
- Boys BrigadeTrained to be a discipline army of God.
- Field TripA chance for students to experience learning in the real world!
EXTRACURRICULARAll Star Sports
EXTRACURRICULARVisual Communication Design
Jl. Cempaka 6-12 Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
Telp. (031) 5457522 (hunting), Fax. (031) 5461404
Ext 101 Preschool
Ext 102 Elementary
Ext 103 Junior High
Ext 100 Senior High
|Monday - Friday||: 08.00 - 12.00, 13.00 - 14.00|
|Saturday||: 08.00 - 12.00|
Mawar Sharon Christian School (MSCS) was born from a vision given by God to the Mawar Sharon Church Surabaya. Vision to become a church that goes on in His call to invest all aspects of life in Him. One of the responsibilities of the investment in life is EDUCATION, an education that makes a difference and changing, transforming individuals and nations. In 1997 the vision was personally received by the daughter of Senior Pastor at Mawar Sharon Church who is currently the School Director of MSCS, Febe Saphira BA.
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
The philosophy of Mawar Sharon Christian School is based on God's truth, which is contained in the infallible authoritative Word of God in the Bible. God created all things and sustains all things. Therefore, all creations and its relations are related to God and have the purpose of glorifying Him. Therefore, all educational process in this school must show Biblical truth to provide the Biblical worldview.
FEAR OF GOD
The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (Proverb 1 : 7). The school believes that God is the beginning and the end in everything, and knowledge is not an exception. The knowledge can be attained properly when someone has faith in God and grow in the knowledge of Him.
EVERYONE IS CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD
Everyone is created in the image of God and should be treated fairly because each of them is precious in His eyes. We believe that everyone was born with a purpose, and a unique set of abilities and gifts. It is our responsibility to acknowledge their uniqueness and treat each of them accordingly.
Educational responsibilities of this school cover the spiritual, character, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional areas. Biblical truth will be integrated throughout the total curriculum.
ANSWER TO THE WORLD
In order to shine and give positive impacts to the community we live in, we strive to shape every school member to achieve excellence. We set a high academic standard, select and utilize all resources and set up a comprehensive and rigorous curriculum to achieve academic excellence as well as have creative thinking & problem solving skills. Learning in and out of classroom is not only a transfer of knowledge, but also an opportunity to create the love for learning.
There are significant contributors who hold important roles in building a life long community of learners. Teachers and staff in our school are facilitators, living curriculum, and role model. According to Psalms 127 : 4 "Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth, we view that students are created with divine destiny who needs to be shaped and prepared for it. In God's appointed time, they will be released to aim at their calling. Parents & community are partners of the school. "It takes a whole village to raise a child." The school collaboratively works together to maximize the learning process.
The purpose of discipline is a constructive discipline, the aim is not for punishing but more in positive encouragement.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
School only allows activities that facilitate our basic philosophy.
- At first, we choose MSCS because it is very close to our home. And as we observe the development of our daughter, we are very glad that we chose to enroll her here. We feel that MSCS is not only equipping her with educational knowledge, but also laying down a strong character foundation in Christian belief. We are very happy to see that as time progressed, Alicia has become more humble and fear of God. In addition, we are glad that MSCS provides numerous options on extracurriculum lessons as well as holding event such as Talent Show as an effort to encourage kids to become a more well-rounded person and develop their "soft" skill. Thank you MSCS team, teachers, and staffs.
Well done! Keep shining and be blessed!!!
Parents of Alicia Danielle Kho
- For us, MSCS is not just an educational institution that teaches general knowledge, but it has been a good partner for parents to educate children in character, attitude and knowledge. This is evident in the tremendous growth of character and attitude in our children (Kenny and Sharon). We are unquestionably thankful to the entire MSCS faculty that have been patient and persevered in cooperating with us as parents to educate and teach our children.
We pray that MSCS will bring forth God-feared nation's leaders. Amen.
God bless us all.
Parents of Yehuda Kenanya Kusmanto dan Sharon Natasya Kusmanto
WHY MSCS IS DIFFERENT
5 Strong reasons why MSCS is the best choice for child's education :
QUALIFIED AND COMPETENT TEACHERS
For us, teachers are great assets. We utilize all resources to do teachers recruitment, training and development. We are so proud of our team who are passionate with their calling, qualified to execute tasks, understand and love children wholeheartedly.
Teachers and staff are dedicated in creating a strong christian atmophere where God's Word is integrated in daily learning and living, therefore every child will have a strong foundation in applying the Word of God.
LONG LIFE LEARNING
The method applied aims at shaping children to become an independent and authentic learner. We focus on the process that inspire children to always have a desire to learn, therefore learning process does not end when school is over, instead wherever and whenever they are, their curiosity remains.
We believe every child can make a difference, therefore we encourage and promote each child to both individually or in group to be directly involve in community services and programs carried out either inside or outside school.
Believing that parents are our strong partner in educating a child, we provide a variety form of community and activitites so parents' contribution in their children's learning process will be successful and fruitful one. Parents communities consist of Parents Class, Parents Seminar, and Prayer Meetings called "Menara Doa."
Environment that supports education and creative learning activities
Computer Laboratorium, Science Laboratorium, Chemistry Laboratorium, Art and Craft Room, Music Room, Gymnasium, School Cafetaria, Playgroup and Elementary Playground, Canteen, Theatre Room, Library, Ballet Studio, Music Studio, Elevator, Moving Classes, Sports Field, Nursery Room, Auditorium, Car Park, Individual Locker System, Book Store and so much more.
|Girls Basket Ball Competition|
|Angelus Custo Sport & Science Competition September 2017|
|James Johnson Chow|
|Silver Medal in Singapore International Math Olympiad Chalenge (SIMOC) 2015|
|and Bronze Medal in World Mathematics Invitation (WMI) 2016 Kuala Lumpur|
|Nicholas Lawrence Wibowo|
|2nd Place of Efex Spelling Bee Competition|
|Category B (Grade 3-4) October 2016|
|Ruth K. H., Jesse A. H., Carole V. G|
|1st Winner for Primary 1-2 in English Olympics|
|by The British Council Indonesia Foundation|
|Junior High Sports Team|
|2nd Winner of Basket Ball Girls|
|in MDC Cup November 2016|
|Junior High Sports Team|
|2nd Winner of Futsal Boys|
|in MDC Cup & in CH West Friendster November 2016|
|Alessandra K.W., Jaden M. K., Clarissa P. I.|
|1st Winner for Primary 3-4 in English Olympics|
|by The British Council Indonesia Foundation|
|Elementary Futsal Team|
|3rd Place Winner for Lower Primary Level|
|in Elyon Cup|
THE PHILOSOPHY OF MSCS LOGO
Eagle is a universal symbol of a vision, a strong character, and God's calling in believers' lives (Isaiah 40:31). The use of it as a symbol also demonstrates strong bonding between the school with the "Mawar Sharon" (literal translation : The Rose of Sharon Church) of which logo is the same. Inseparable from the "Mawar Sharon", the logo also took the form of a blooming rose which implies growth or life. The eagle spreads his wings symbolize human beings who are prepared to navigate life with global insight.
Flames of fire symbolize the passion, revival and the involvement of the Holy Spirit.
Letter M & S represents the book which is open wide for education and continuous learning, as well as a symbol of a revealed God's Word and its position as the basis of truth.
The purple color symbolizes majestic glory, the royal kingdom and the King.
Cross indistinctly formed as a result of the crossing letter "s" and "c" implies a Christian perspective of this school.
THE LOGO IS MEANT TO BE READ AS FOLLOWS :
A Christian school which prepares for an eagle generation, leaders and people with a strong vision, highly intellectual with global insight, fear of God, enthusiastic and passionate for life, has the power to both color and spread influence globally with God's truth.
Become a high quality Christian School that raises a generation that fears God and wholly developed purpose driven becoming answer to the world.
- Establish a formal school, start from Playgroup, Kindergarden, Elementary, Junior High, Senior High School and University.
- Employ academically and spiritually human resource.
- Perform an independently, flexible, adaptive, open minded, and society oriented organization.
- Create and develop a bible integrated, comprehensible and creative curriculum so that can meet the needs in every situation.
- Establish a creative, effective, efficient and attractive learning process.
- Build a Christian world view, value of faithfulness, role modeling, commitment and discipline.
- Actively encourage parent involvement in student learning progress.
|Faith||: We develop the Faith to Christ through every curriculum and material|
|Character||: We build and develop Christian character in our children|
|Knowledge||: We enrich every child with knowledge which is based on the Word of God|
|Talent||: We believe that every child is a treasure and we will assist them to develop any gifted talents|
|Care||: We train every child to increase the sense of care to the environment where he/she lives|
Jl. Cempaka 6-12 Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
Telp. (031) 5457522 (hunting) | Fax (031) 5461404
Jl. Ngagel 123 Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
Telp. (031) 60002000
Monday to Friday : 08:00-14:30
Saturday : 08:00-12:00
to work together with